An OPG is a panoramic or wide view x-ray of the lower face, which displays all the teeth of the upper and lower jaw on a single film. It demonstrates the number, position and growth of all the teeth including those that have not yet surfaced or erupted. It is different from the small close up x-rays dentists take of individual teeth. An OPG may also reveal problems with the jawbone and the joint which connects the jawbone to the head, called the Temporomandibular joint or TMJ. An OPG may be requested for the planning of orthodontic treatment, for assessment of wisdom teeth or for a general overview of the teeth and the bone which supports the teeth.
OPG Test in HSR Layout | OPG Test in Bangalore | Ebisu Diagnostics
- Broad anatomic region is imaged.
- Low radiation dose.
- Convenient, easy and fast. The entire procedure takes 14 seconds expsure time.
- Procedure can be performed on patients who cannot open their mouth.
- Easy for edentulous patients, patients who do not tolerate intraoral procedure well, patients with multiple tooth / Oral pathology.
- No overlapping of facial bone